Senior Claims Coordinator [Workers Comp]
Houston, TX 77002
City of Houston has an immediate position for a SENIOR CLAIMS COORDINATOR
Job description: Work within the City of Houston’s Human Resources Department
- Serves in a lead capacity, providing training and assistance to Claims Coordinators
- Investigates complex automobile, general liability, contract, and workers' compensation claims in accordance with accepted standards to determine legal responsibility
- Determines medical expenses, property damage and other allowable expenses of the claim
- Evaluates claims for settlement purposes, and concludes the claims in accordance with good settlement practices
- Monitors and reviews claims to determine status
- Ensures that complaints and/or concerns are appropriately handled
- Performs special studies and other investigative related work as assigned
- Responds to correspondence and inquiries from claimants, witnesses, attorneys, and others
- May make field investigations of automobile, general liability, contract, and workers' compensation claims involving cases against the City of Houston. Evaluates and reports investigative findings
- May make field investigations of complex subrogation claims involving damage to City of Houston property and health subrogation claims.
- Evaluates and reports investigative findings
- May identify and locate witnesses and obtain statements
- May take photographs and measurements of accident scenes, prepare sketches of physical surroundings
- May train field personnel regarding requirements of workers' compensation reporting and apprise field personnel of any changes in workers' compensation laws.
Experience/Education required: Requires a Bachelor’s degree with a Texas Department of Insurance Adjustor’s Type 3 license. 3 years of experience in automobile, general liability, contract and/or workers’ compensation claims evaluation or related field is required.