Accounting Specialist II - Fort Worth
Ft. Worth, TX 76101
The Program Accounting Specialist II is responsible for assisting in the business and financial operations of the Disability Services division. Responsibilities include general grant management and billing, developing tracking mechanisms to record progress towards milestones and goals; and developing and distributing reports on a consistent timeline to identified personnel. This position is also a principal member of the Emergency Response Team for the Disability Services division.
Program Accounting Specialist Responsibilities
- Responsible for general grant management, billing, and general ledger functions
- Develop methods to gather and compile date milestones and metrics
- Provide administrative support to the Disability Services Chief and Directors
- Meet performance timelines and participate in Divisional, Departmental and Agency meetings/trainings
- Provide program support to the Reporting Unit as directed
Program Accounting Specialist Qualifications
To be considered for the Program Accounting Specialist position, you will need the following:
- 5+ years’ experience in business, financial health care or human services
- 2+ years’ supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related Human Services field. May substitute experience for education
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Uniform Grant Management Standards (UGMS) is required
- Ability to organize and supervise staff assignments
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Access, Excel (Pivot Tables, V-Lookup) and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability in completing independently the Time & Attendance process
Please read the qualifications for this position carefully. The successful applicant will have to get up to speed quickly after hired and therefore, the client will only consider those who meet all the criteria listed above.
Company culture & perks
- Making a positive impact on lives in the community for nearly 50 years
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit program
- Temp-to-Hire opportunity
When you work as a contract employee through ExecuTeam Staffing, you are eligible to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as pet insurance, credit union membership, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!