Sugar Land, TX 77478
Are you a Paralegal who is seeking a position close to home? A Paralegal is needed for a non-profit organization in Sugar Land, TX. This position will provide assistance and support to the General Counsel including assistance in compiling documentation from campuses and preparing of complaints, hearings and litigation (investigation and discovery); drafting correspondence; and assistance with legal research to support the Legal Department’s work.
- Prepare requests for Attorney General Opinions in reference to Public Information Requests
- Receive service of Subpoenas for the District for employee records and other types of records including criminal and family law matters involving student records, verify subpoena is valid, assist with coordinating and overseeing timely compliance, review responsive documents and redact as necessary, provide support to campuses and prepare business affidavits
- Review Court Orders regarding Expunctions and Sealing of Files/Records, gather responsive documents and respond to the Court
- Coordinate the Board of Trustees Elections annually, by preparing the election order, maintaining the election calendar and organizing candidate packets in accordance with applicable laws and policies
- Analyze and prepare summaries of various legal documents. Identify issues and concerns for further review and analysis by General Counsel
- Establish and maintain a fully-indexed and cross-referenced bank of letters, documents and articles previously produced by the General Counsel for future matters
- Provide assistance to General Counsel, administrators and campus personnel relating to Employee, Student and Special Education issues
- Perform other duties as assigned
To be considered for the Paralegal position, you will need the following:
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree in paralegal studies, or paralegal certificate from an accredited program required or a minimum of 5 additional years of direct legal experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a paralegal required
- Experience in public or private law dealing with legal problems of local, state, federal government or public school agencies required
- Experience in public school law preferred
- Ability to review, revise and draft official personnel documents, policies/procedures, employment applications, contracts, handbooks, legal notices, postings and other communication required
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload; ability to multi-task and perform on deadline required
- Excellent computer application skills (Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint) and legal research skills (LexisNexis) required
- Professional demeanor, effective communication skills, personal integrity, self-starter and the ability to work with complex issues in a confidential and fast paced work environment required
Please read the qualifications for this position carefully. The successful applicant will have to get up to speed quickly after hired and therefore, the client will only consider those who meet all the criteria listed above.
Company culture & perks
- Company focused on public service and community development
- Opportunity to work directly with the public and your neighboring community
- Provide a service to improve the quality of life for your neighbors
- Fun and rewarding environment – great team of coworkers and supervisors
- Endured challenging economic cycles and have shown to be stable and secure
- Shopping & restaurants nearby with cafeteria located inside building
- Easy access on and off freeway
- When you work as a contract employee through ExecuTeam Staffing, you are eligible to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Don’t wait. Apply today!