Houston, TX 77023 US
- Conduct administrative hearings, drainage appeal hearings, record reviews, examine files, and other documentary evidence
- Listen to cases and determine customer billing disputes; decisions are made within the ordinance.
- Schedule and conduct hearings
- Remotely listen to cases over TEAMS presented by the citizens and City officials, determine depositions, and submit written rulings.
- Determine ruling on hearing extensions, continuances, objections, and receipt of evidence
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or a related field is required; a Juris Doctor degree preferred
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in adjudication processes, preferably related to law or court-related functions, is required.
- Advanced proficiency in written and verbal communication skills is highly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail is highly preferred.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
- The work schedule is Monday through Thursday, 8 am to 5 pm.
- The building is in the Greater Eastwood area, surrounded by various taco trucks, Tex-Mex restaurants, and Kroger, and is conveniently located off I-45 for close access to the highway!
- Opportunity to develop skills and gain more experience
- Excellent networking opportunity with leaders within the city government
- During your employment with ExecuTeam Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Meet Your Recruiter
Alethea joined ExecuTeam in 2020 just before the pandemic hit. She has since been essential in supporting community wellness and helping people get back to work. With her 15+ years of experience in human resources and staffing, Alethea specializes in staffing public sector roles, including wellness screeners, testing site coordinators, contact tracers, epidemiologists and much more. She embodies ExecuTeam’s core values daily, and she is a great listener, proactive thinker, and extremely hard worker.
In her free time, Alethea cherishes time with her family and strategically shops the Bath & Body Works Semi-Annual sales.