Richmond, TX 77469
Utilize your GIS capabilities by directly supporting Fort Bend County’s COVID-19 Task Force! GIS Specialist is responsible for building and maintaining GIS databases and utilizing the GIS software to analyze the spatial and non-spatial information in the databases. The GIS Specialist will work primarily with enhancing and with the COVID-19 HUB.
- Supporting in the development and management of GIS applications that are based on growing and improving business demands
- Overseeing the planning and coordination of GIS activities to meet the outlined goals
- Develop and manage control quality standards for system application
- Perform data capture and analysis for GIS product
- Oversee data flow, management and distribution activities that are aimed in supporting GIS
- Supporting and participating in the design and development of the geospatial database
- Maintain up to date and accurate geospatial documentation for reference purposes
- Staying up to date or abreast with the latest developments in the GIS field
- Support in the development of a work plan for complex projects
- Efficiently manage geospatial database and develop effective maps and aerial photography
To be considered for the GIS Specialist position, you will need the following:
- 2 years of RECENT experience as GIS Specialist or Technician
- Preference given to candidates with Esri GIS experience
Please read the qualifications for this position carefully. The successful applicant will have to get up to speed quickly after hired and therefore, the client will only consider those who meet all the criteria listed above.
Company culture & perks
- An open and transparent office where people are excited to come to work every day
- Opportunity to help our community during the COVID pandemic
- Full benefits, including health insurance, dental/vision, PTO, Life insurance when hired full-time
- When you work as a contract employee through ExecuTeam Staffing, you are eligible to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!