Contract Data Analyst
Houston, TX 77021
The Contract Data Analyst is responsible for data management, statistical analysis, research and progress reporting for grant projects
Contract Data Analyst Responsibilities
- Coordinate the development, expansion and implementation of data updates and new data analysis, including relevant research of data sets and quality assurance.
- Build upon existing resources, implement and maintain an ongoing and robust progress monitoring system for the Novel Insecticide Resistance Management and other grant projects.
- Assess and utilize Federal, State and local health data sources to better understand, characterize and incorporate needed Health Department data. Identify, obtain, and as necessary, submit requests for data sources concerning such conditions.
- Implement, oversee, and improve upon protocols for quality control of data analysis to ensure accuracy.
- Document limitations of data sets to ensure a high level of transparency and reliability.
- Produce detailed reports as needed.
- Provide Statistical Analysis using SPSS, SAS, and/or STATA.
- Interface between the Geographic Information System (GIS) Team, Information Technology Group as well as Divisions and Offices within the Department.
- Identify and analyze key trends related to the projects as well as the factors that shape such trends.
- Assist with development and drafting of plans, protocols and study design (to further enhance projects) and reporting to ensure compliance with grant deliverables.
Contract Data Analyst Qualifications
To be considered for the Contract Data Analyst, you will need the following:
- One (1) year of experience in analyzing statistical data and application of statistical techniques such as measures of association, confidence intervals and tests of significance.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in environmental health, biostatistics/statistics, or science field with a research curriculum. Must provide a copy of academic transcript(s) as proof of educational achievement.
- Must have valid Driver’s License.
- Must have conducted and be able provide proof of research projects that included detailed analysis.
- Must be familiar with data requirements for ArcGIS, STATA, and R.
- Must have intermediate to advanced competency in the use of statistical analysis software such as SPSS, SAS, STATA or comparable programs to extract data and analyze complex databases.
- Must have intermediate to advanced competency in Microsoft Office software skills, specifically Excel and Access.
- Experience with GIS mapping software. Ability to display data and statistics graphically to demonstrate trends.
- Must be able to occasionally work outdoors (visiting field locations to better understand processes and deliverables) in urban and natural environments and handle high heat, humidity and stress well.
Please read the qualifications for this position carefully. The successful applicant will have to get up to speed quickly after hired and therefore, the client will only consider those who meet all the criteria listed above.
Company culture & perks
- Community service-oriented organization
- When you work as a contract employee through Team1Medical Staffing, you are eligible to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
If you are someone who enjoys work in a collaborative environment, where a sense of responsibility for the success of the group is demonstrated, apply today!