Accounting Specialist / Bookkeeper
Houston, TX 77024
A well-established property management firm is seeking an Accounting Specialist / Bookkeeper to join their organization. The ideal candidate has a stable employment history, accounting experience, and a desire to accept a position with long-term career opportunities.
Accounting Specialist / Bookkeeper Responsibilities
- Maintain the financial records for a portfolio of a properties
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly
- Process invoices for payment
- Record receipt of payments
- Track vendors, A/R, and A/P
- Demonstrate punctuality, time management, organization, planning and coordination skills
- Support Property Managers who oversee the financial operations and community projects for residential communities
- Assist with special projects as assigned
Accounting Specialist / Bookkeeper Qualifications
To be considered for the Accounting Specialist / Bookkeeper position, you will need the following:
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Some college accounting courses preferred, a finance or accounting degree is a big plus
- Experience in a real estate environment preferred
- Knowledge of Rent Manager Software is a big plus
- Must be proficient with MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
Please read the qualifications for this position carefully. The successful applicant will have to get up to speed quickly after hired and therefore, the client will only consider those who meet all the criteria listed above.
Company culture & perks
- A small, close-knit, professional office where casual dress on Friday’s is welcome and friendly co-workers make this a great place to work
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Paid health, dental and vision insurance provided to employees. And of course, paid vacation.
If you enjoy creating and maintaining a friendly environment while working as part of a team, apply today!