Sales Tax Analyst
Houston, TX 77042
Are you a Sales Tax Analyst skilled in managing tax exemption certificates? A Southwest Houston client is seeking an individual to assist in the resolution process of current or invoiced tax issues.
• Research and locate any internal tax certificates already set up in OnBase & Vertex and submit them to be uploaded under the designated customer numbers
• Verify tax exemption certificates and forward them to the proper email-boxes to be uploaded in OnBase (Datawarehouse)
• Assist in the resolution of current tax issues and/or tax credit/rebills process
• Assist with sales / use tax audits requests managed by Corporate Tax
• Understand each Business Units operations to mitigate the risk of potential exposure areas
• Respond to external inquiries regarding transactional taxes from internal customers
To be considered for the Sales Tax Analyst position, you will need the following:
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in accounting and preferred exposure in Sales and Use tax
• Must have a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, with intermediate to advanced Excel skills and ability to work within a variety of ERP systems: Glovia & Oracle
• Analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to communication written or verbally
• Preferred experience using Vertex and a tax exemption data warehouse application
• Have strong technical experience and knowledge of multistate sales and use tax laws including tax refund preparation
Please read the qualifications for this position carefully. The successful applicant will have to get up to speed quickly after hired and therefore, the client will only consider those who meet all the criteria listed above.
Company culture & perks:
• Recognition, cultivation and rewards for your talent
• Identification with a large, well-known company can help you establish you as one of the top performers in your profession
• Numerous tenured professionals with experience and knowledge from which to learn
• Strong financial resources, strong customer base and strong name brand
• Professional, career-oriented environment
• When you work as a contract employee through ExecuTeam Staffing, you are eligible to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!