Houston, TX 77010
Are you a Purchasing Director with experience managing a large contracting operation? A well-established organization in Downtown Houston proudly serving the Houston community is seeking a Purchasing Director with hours of 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday - Friday.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Auditing and overseeing the entire purchasing process
- Oversight of services contracts
- Develop and implement purchasing policies and procedures ensuring compliance at all times
- Interact with executive staff and external organization members as it pertains to procurement operations
- Promote small business participation by meeting with external organizations or attending events
To be considered for the Purchasing Director position, you will need the following:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master’s Degree is preferred but not required
- 8 years' purchasing supervisory experience at a director level
- Experience in a community college public administration, government or military procurement and materials management preferred
Please read the qualifications for this position carefully. The successful applicant will have to get up to speed quickly after hired and therefore, the client will only consider those who meet all the criteria listed above.
Company culture & perks:
- Company focused on public service and community development
- Opportunity to work directly with the public and your neighboring community
- Provide a service to improve the quality of life for your neighbors
- Fun and rewarding environment – great team of coworkers and supervisors
- Endured challenging economic cycles and have shown to be stable and secure
- Shopping & restaurants nearby with cafeteria located inside building
- Free parking!
- Easy access on and off freeway
- Temporary position and employee can be considered for the position on a full time basis once it becomes available
When you work as a contract employee through ExecuTeam Staffing, you are eligible to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as pet insurance, credit union membership, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!