Senior Cost Accountant
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with operations management to provide advice and technical assistance with operational processes.
- Presentation of monthly manufacturing performance results.
- Review and analysis of monthly actual? S vs. Plan.
- Analyze product costs and variances associated with purchased and manufactured goods.
- Review and test the adequacy of the standard costing system.
- Perform and Report on results of periodic audits of Inventories (Work in Process, Finished Goods/Raw Materials).
- Review BOMS and Routings for accuracy.
- Develop more efficient and accurate manufacturing reporting.
- Assist in special assignments as needed.
Essential Duties General:
- Analyze and discuss manufacturing plant performance with Operations management on a daily/monthly basis.
- Review inventory information in the ERP system and sub-ledgers to ensure accurate valuation of inventory.
- Prepare inventory related reconciliations to ensure financial statement accuracy.
- Analyze manufacturing variances and discuss anomalies with supervisor and/or operations management.
- Provide weekly/monthly metrics to Operations managers related to purchasing, inventory costing, labor reporting, etc.
- Assist in developing and monitoring standard labor rates.
- Prepare financial planning/forecasting for monthly operating reports, mid year plan, and annual financial plan.
- Ensure manufacturing plants are in compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Prepare standard journal entries associated with the monthly closing of the general ledger.
- Assist the Materials Manager in preparation of reporting for At Risk Stock Inventory
-Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field
-CPA Certification preferred
-3-5 years experience in related field