Consumer Loan Officer
Sugar Land, TX
As a Loan Officer for this credit union, you will facilitate consumer loans for members. Your goal will be to maintain excellent relationships with members by guiding them through the loan process, as well as recommending financial services that will enhance their daily lives. Your success will improve the quality of life for the public and your neighboring community. Don't miss this temp-to-hire opportunity!
If you are conscientious with details, service-driven and have a welcoming personality, then this is the job for you!
CULTURE & PERKS:
Located in Southwest Houston, this Credit Union serves a global company and believes their customers are always king! This company has strong financial resources, a strong customer base and a strong name, providing stability within the market. And you'll never have to work weekends - hours are Monday-Friday (8: 00 am - 4: 30pm)!
In addition to a medical/dental/vision plan, and 401K, once hired on directly, you can expect the following perks:
Retirement: Stress less about your future - this company provides various retirement plans, including savings and profit-sharing.
Recognition: Receive recognition and rewards for your talent with monthly performance incentives.
Location: Save your money - you'll never have to worry about paying for parking! It'll be easy to get home or meet your friends for dinner after work, thanks to this client's proximity the freeway, shops and restaurants.
As a temp-to-hire assignment, the opportunity to transition to direct hire occurs after approximately 18 weeks, depending on performance.
Not everyone can be a Loan Officer. To be seriously considered for this role, the successful candidate will have the following:
- Experience: At least 3 years' loan servicing experience, as well as experience in banking or credit union and consumer lending.
- Skills: To successfully cross-sell and better assist your customers, you should have an understanding of lending and other credit union products, such as extended warranty plans, GAP coverage, credit life and disability insurance. You should have a strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and computer literacy. Though it is not required, if you are a notary public, that will certainly make you stand out!
- Characteristics: This position requires daily interaction with credit union members, so you should be well-spoken, trustworthy with confidential information, and altruistic. It's also a role in which you will have to provide quality solutions, so you should display creativity, innovation, and you should be solution-oriented.
Since this is a banking institution, you must be able to pass the company's standard credit check, maintaining no delinquent accounts in collections.
As the Credit Union Loan Office, you will be responsible for:
- Helping members with the consumer loan process, from start to finish, including vehicle and personal loans.
- Ensuring loan applications received are supported with appropriate backup documentation.
- Analyzing members' credit reports to determine income to debt ratio, and determine loan eligibility.
- Approving or declining members' loan applications.
- Recommending other financial services that would improve the members' lives.
COMPENSATION: $40, 000.00 - $45, 000.00 annually